Campsite El Garrofer is a campsite in Sitges, Barcelona.The campsite has which are marked out, pitches with shade, pitches without shade and pitches with some shade. Camping El Garrofer is located close to a sandy beach. It is possible to rent bungalows. The campsite has a playground and a sports ground.
The following rules apply to pets at (Camping El Garrofer):
- Dog(s) permitted in low season (if on a lead)
- Dog(s) permitted in high season (if on a lead)
For sportive holidaymakers the camp site offers various cycle routes. There is an entertainment programme. The camp site has an outdoor swimming pool and a toddlers' pool. At Camping El Garrofer you can go snorkelling, windsurfing and waterskiing.
You don't always have to cook, as the camp site has a snack bar, pizzeria, restaurant (with snack menu) and restaurant (with full menu). The camp site also supplies fresh bread. You can also use the internet, as you can access the internet with your own laptop in 80% of the camp site.
Campsites in the area
Detail information about this campsite
This inspector visits Campsite El Garrofer every year and inspects the campsite on the basis of more than 200 amenities and other points of interest. The inspector is an ACSI staff member and does not work for the campsite.
Average rating: 6.9
- Toilet facilities
- Price - quality comparison
- Child friendliness
- Sports facilities
- Swimming pool
- Food and drink
A fantastic site for visiting Sitges. A very warm welcome awaits you at reception from Anna very knowledgeable and extremely helpful.They honor the ACSI low season rates unlike a lot of other Spanish Sites. Large level pitches. good on site shop bread every day . Fabulous restaurant you must try. Bust stop right outside every 30 mins into Sitges. lots of walking and cycling we intended to stay 2 nights stayed 11 instead....
I was appalled by the Sanitary block. Two of the showers had broken door locks, two had broken controls, which were dangerous as the water was scalding. The gate which gave access to the short cut to the beach was not open during the week & hardly ever open at the weekends. In fact we never managed to get back in & only got out by asking at reception, we left earlier than planned & will not be returning.
Stayed on this campsite for two nights mid June. The pitches are a little random and a bit unkempt, we were a little confused when arriving as some of the pitches had tape and cones around them and it was not clear where we should go.
Mixed views of this campsite overall. The positives are:
- it’s nice and quiet
- walking distance to Sitges (part of it is down a busy road and it’s slightly longer than the 20 minutes we expected although part of it is on a really nice promenade).
- there’s a nice bar and restaurant on site although it is a little pricey
- staff on reception are really helpful and friendly
- there’s a nice pool although it is a little rusty around the edges
The negatives are:
- the toilet facilities are really not good, from the outside it looks like a ramshackle old farm style building, once inside they’re slightly better but still not great. There was a second, better looking toilet block but that 2s closed.
- it’s a little bit unkempt around the campsite
- there are a lot of stray cats around (we’re cat lovers so it didn’t bother us but for some people it might be no good).
A good site for visiting Sitges but I probably wouldn’t come back here.
Nice site out of season. Plenty of room , free WiFi and good electric.
Showers ok and warm.
You need transport or bus to get into Sitges as the gate to the beach was locked.
Lots of cats and kittens roaming around.
Reception staff were professional and so helpful. Situation of camp site with many connections to surrounding towns and Barcelona was brilliant. Facilities good too. We were only staying 2 nights but ended up staying a week.
We arrived here and the price was much cheaper than advertised (which may be because we are in low season) -€20.50 per night for two adults and a van. The wifi was also free and it was also very reliable which was awesome. Toilets/showers clean. No toilet paper but to be expected really as lots of places around Europe don’t. The on site restaurant is amazing and very well priced! Really easy access to Barcelona from campsite. Bus that goes frequently from just outside the front gate. Definitely recommend!
This site is near one of the nicest towns in Spain. The site was under trees, with no grass, but once we found the real toilet facilities, not the weekend ones, it was very enjoyable. It is possible to get the bus to Sitges, and to Barcelona from outside the gate. Beware of the pigeons in the trees, don't leave the roof open over the bed.
- Guide price 1
- Guide price 2
- Period of opening
- 22-02-2019 till 15-12-2019
- 8 ha
- Number of touring pitches
- 526 (70 - 90m2)
- Number of camper pitches
- Number of permanent pitches
- Number of accommodation units for hire
- Campsite suitable for disabled persons
* Amenities in bold are not included in the overnight price. Some may need to be paid for. (This does not imply that all amenities not in bold are free!)
At the reception
Ground and vegetation
Washing, washing-up, cooking
Food, drink and groceries
Available to hire at the campsite
Water sports and recreation
Sport and games
Situation of campsite
Address & Route
Would you like to book Campsite El Garrofer or request more information? You can do both using the information below.
Show on map
The weather on this campsite
15 / 11
16 / 11
17 / 11
18 / 11
19 / 11
20 / 11
21 / 11
|Relative humidity||Hours of sunshine|
ACSI Eurocampings will send your information request to "Campsite El Garrofer".
Take note; you are sending an information request. You cannot make a reservation using this form. You will need to contact the campsite directly and ACSI Eurocampings cannot have any influence on the consequences thereof.