Campsite l'Àmfora is a campsite in Sant Pere Pescador, Girona, located by the sea.The campsite has which are marked out, pitches with shade, pitches without shade and pitches with some shade. Camping l'Àmfora is located close to a sandy beach. It is possible to rent mobile homes, apartments and bungalows. The campsite has a playground and a sports ground.
The following rules apply to pets at (Camping l'Àmfora):
- Dog(s) permitted in low season (if on a lead)
- Dog(s) permitted in high season (if on a lead)
For sportive holidaymakers the camp site offers excursion programmes and various cycle routes. There is an entertainment programme. For those who want to relax after a busy day there is a whirlpool and a beauty centre. The camp site has an outdoor swimming pool and a toddlers' pool. There is also water slide. You can swim nearby in the sea. At Camping l'Àmfora you can go snorkelling and windsurfing.
You don't always have to cook, as the camp site has a snack bar, pizzeria, restaurant (with snack menu) and restaurant (with full menu). The camp site also supplies fresh bread. You can also use the internet, as the camp site has one or more computers with an internet connection and you can access the internet with your own laptop in 80% of the camp site.
Detail information about this campsite
"This campsite is located by the beach and near various places of interest. Dutch is spoken at the reception. With entertainment for children and adults and well-cared for toilet facilities. Various types of pitches: 1) Open terrain, 2) Closed, marked out, with high hedges, 3) Separate toilet facilities (limited)."
Average rating: 8.5
- Toilet facilities
- Price - quality comparison
- Child friendliness
- Sports facilities
- Swimming pool
- Food and drink
Why: We wanted a site in the Bay of Roses and this one had been recommended to us by friends.
Location: About a 30-minute walk into St Pere Pescador and a 15-minute drive from the AP7.
Check in – we had pre-booked through the caravan club to be certain of a pitch. We presented our letter of confirmation to the English-speaking receptionist and were shown to our pre-allocated pitch. Given that it was the 1st September we were surprised by the number of other campers also booking in. The site was not 100% full but it wasn’t far off. Many Dutch and German outfits with a sprinkling of English, French and Spanish at weekends.
Pitch –huge by Spanish standards. Even with our 7.5m van, car and awning we could have got another large car on the pitch. Pitches are separated by hedges and all have water and electricity. For about 4 euros per night you can upgrade to one with waste water drainage. There are even some with their own private bathroom in a shed.
• The shower block near our pitch was fairly new and was almost of Spa quality. There are other older blocks but all are very well maintained. All blocks are incredibly clean with a team of cleaners in attendance almost all of the day. Without doubt the best sanitary facilities of any site we have visited in Spain.
• Swimming pools quite large clean and well maintained. Child friendly.
• Bar and restaurant. Usual international menu mainly featuring frites but it was very busy and also very good and reasonably priced. Whilst there we tried the steak, seafood, pork and pizza and were not disappointed. The wine is also very drinkable cheap. You can buy the same wine in the bar to take away in a box. There is also a bar on the beach which serves cocktails and food until the early hours. This was also excellent.
• Supermarket with a wide range of stock. You could have done all your shopping there. Prices very reasonable.
• Beach – you can walk out of the gate directly onto the beach which runs for miles around the bay. It was cleaned daily and was great for adults and children as the sea is very shallow for some distance. No matter how busy it is you will always find a quiet spot. Beware, it can get very windy, which is great for the kite surfers but not so good for the sun worshippers. It got so windy that we had to leave on about 2 days during each week at the beginning of September. We did however return to watch the kite surfers who were amazing.
• Very well run and maintained site.
• Large pitches
• 5-star sanitary facilities.
• Site is more or less bordering the beach.
• Good value for money food and drink.
• Well places to discover all the towns and sites of the Bay of Roses
• Can get very windy due to location South of the Pyrenees
• Whilst it was quiet whilst we were there we were told it can get very busy and noisy during the peak season.
Would we use again – yes. Had a great time. We would also pre-book again.
- Guide price 1
- Guide price 2
- Period of opening
- 19-04-2019 till 28-09-2019
19-04-2020 till 28-09-2020
- 12 ha
- Number of touring pitches
- 692 (90 - 180m2)
- Number of accommodation units for hire
- Campsite suitable for disabled persons
* Amenities in bold are not included in the overnight price. Some may need to be paid for. (This does not imply that all amenities not in bold are free!)
At the reception
Ground and vegetation
Washing, washing-up, cooking
Food, drink and groceries
Available to hire at the campsite
Water sports and recreation
Sport and games
Situation of campsite
Address & Route
Would you like to book Campsite l'Àmfora or request more information? You can do both using the information below or by visiting the campsite's website.
Av. Josep Tarradellas, 2
17470 / Sant Pere Pescador
Download GPS coordinates
Select your navigation system:
Coordinates: 42°10'54"N 3°6'14"E
A7 exit 3, direction Girona/Barcelona. Third exit Figueres/Roses (C260). Turn right 9 km before Roses, direction Sant Pere Pescador.
Show on map
The weather on this campsite
18 / 01
19 / 01
20 / 01
21 / 01
22 / 01
23 / 01
24 / 01
|Relative humidity||Precipitation total (mm)||Hours of sunshine|
ACSI Eurocampings will send your information request to "Campsite l'Àmfora".
Take note; you are sending an information request. You cannot make a reservation using this form. You will need to contact the campsite directly and ACSI Eurocampings cannot have any influence on the consequences thereof.