Campsite Grein is a campsite in Grein, Upper Austria, located a river/stream.The campsite has which are marked out, pitches with shade, pitches without shade and pitches with some shade. It is possible to rent caravans and hikers' cabins. The campsite has a playground.
The following rules apply to pets at (Camping Grein):
- Dog(s) permitted in low season (if on a lead)
- Dog(s) permitted in high season (if on a lead)
For sportive holidaymakers the camp site offers various cycle routes. At Camping Grein you can go waterskiing.
You don't always have to cook, as the camp site has a snack bar and restaurant (with snack menu). The camp site also supplies fresh bread. You can also use the internet, as you can access the internet with your own laptop in 80% of the camp site.
Detail information about this campsite
This inspector visits Campsite Grein every year and inspects the campsite on the basis of more than 200 amenities and other points of interest. The inspector is an ACSI staff member and does not work for the campsite.
Average rating: 6.4
- Toilet facilities
- Price - quality comparison
- Child friendliness
- Sports facilities
- Swimming pool
- Food and drink
From my last 20 years of traveling this was definitely the worst camping place in Germany and Austria. Even though I do admit it is located on nice and interesting place.
1) Very unfriendly and slow staff at the reception - the whole time I spent on reception was about 40 minutes! Horrible.
2) They wanted to charge us for 3 months old baby. Never experienced ever elsewhere before.
3) Not very clean toilets.
4) No soap at bathrooms.
5) No toilet paper at toilets.
6) Most expensive camping in our 7 days DonauRadWeg trip.
7) Not very safe place. Somebody visited our neighbor when they went for dinner and moved their camper wagon from stabilized position. The lights on our bikes were turned on during our absence. Just some youngsters having fun, but it didn't make us feel very safe there.
- Guide price 1
- Guide price 2
- Period of opening
- 01-04-2019 till 01-10-2019
01-04-2020 till 01-10-2020
- 2 ha
- Number of touring pitches
- 87 (100m2)
- Number of permanent pitches
- Number of accommodation units for hire
- Campsite suitable for disabled persons
* Amenities in bold are not included in the overnight price. Some may need to be paid for. (This does not imply that all amenities not in bold are free!)
At the reception
Ground and vegetation
Washing, washing-up, cooking
Food, drink and groceries
Available to hire at the campsite
Water sports and recreation
Situation of campsite
Address & Route
Would you like to book Campsite Grein or request more information? You can do both using the information below.
4360 / Grein
Download GPS coordinates
Select your navigation system:
Coordinates: 48°13'30"N 14°51'11"E
A1 Linz-Wien, exit 123 Amstetten. Then follow Grein signs. Campsite signposted and located in Grein on the B3.
Show on map
The weather on this campsite
26 / 02
27 / 02
28 / 02
29 / 02
01 / 03
02 / 03
03 / 03
|Precipitation total (mm)|
ACSI Eurocampings will send your information request to "Campsite Grein".
Take note; you are sending an information request. You cannot make a reservation using this form. You will need to contact the campsite directly and ACSI Eurocampings cannot have any influence on the consequences thereof.